[Tagging] "Feature Proposal - RFC - (sceptic_tank)"

Reinier Battenberg reinier.battenberg at mountbatten.net
Sat Oct 22 20:30:08 BST 2011

Hi,

We did notice that on the Proposed features page, our page-title looked
different. However, when you read this:

Proposal Page Template

Place the following wiki text at the top of the page, and fill in the brief
summary content fields.

{{Proposal_Page
|name=
|user=
|key=
|value=
|type=
|definition=
|appearance=
|status=
|draftStartDate=
|rfcStartDate=
|voteStartDate=
|voteEndDate=
}}

This will bring in the wiki template Template:Proposal_Page which displays a
green box with summary details on the top right of the page. Use 'Show
preview' to check how it looks. After the closing '}}' characters you should
begin the main content with proposal details as follows.

And you are not a Wiki-Template poweruser, finding how to do what you are
asking, is pretty hard. I wouldnt mind doing that (we are going to work on
some more waterpoint/source related pages soon), but if you in the meantime
could update that small section of the wiki, that would be of great help.

The same with the categories
Categories: Proposed features "Proposed" | Proposed features under way |
Proposals |

I normally use [[Category:Whatever]] in our internal wiki, but i dont see that
in the source of for example
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Proposed_features/Group_restaurants&action=edit

The will is there, no worries.

rgds,
Reinier

> On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 22:04:48 +0300, Reinier Battenberg wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sean Blaschke and myself also created a page for sceptic_tank. You dont
want
> > to fall into one, so mapping them seems like a good idea.
> >
> > Also, some of them can be emptied, which calls for mapping too.
> >
> > page is here http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:aminety%3Dsceptic_tank
>
> Page renamed to Tag:amenity=*
>
> However, I don't like how you're polluting the main namespace of the wiki.
You

--
rgds,

Reinier Battenberg