[Tagging] Mechanism for linking to a traffic_sign object in the source tag?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 10:12:19 BST 2011

2011/9/4 Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>:
> I'm wondering if there's an accepted way of specifying that the sign being
> used as a source has been mapped. For example:
> maxspeed=45 mph source:maxspeed=sign (node 43920231)
> where node 43920231 is traffic_sign=maxspeed maxspeed=45 mph

As far as I know this is not a common way to do it explicitly.
Personally I find it sufficient to have the sign mapped road side. In
combination with the maxspeed value on the highway there is a spatial
connection between the 2 which makes it obvious (at least for humans)
that the sign is the reason for the speedlimit on the way.

cheers,
Martin