[Tagging] lanes tag dispute

Kytömaa Lauri lauri.kytomaa at aalto.fi
Mon Sep 19 18:45:41 BST 2011

>> one in the UN Vienna Convention on road signs and signals:
>>
>> is divisible, whether or not defined by longitudinal road markings, which

>So, this includes "parking lanes"?  Or am I misreading it?

It's international legal text, so you'd need a lawyer, the orignal texts
and the preliminary material, and a court verdict to be certain beyond
any doubt. But we can see that when they later define the longitudinal
markings, they exclude among other things "longitudinal lines connected
to transverse lines used to demarcate parking spaces on the carriageway"
from being longitudinal markings. Which would imply that parking spaces
are parking spaces and not a lane.

The consolidated (with amendments to date) text is for example here:
http://live.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/trans/conventn/Conv_road_signs_2006v_EN.pdf

--
Alv