[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - bike safety

Gérard gerard at buscyclistes.org
Tue Sep 27 21:57:19 BST 2011

Hi,

After discussion at a mapping party in Toulouse, I propose a new tag
bike_safety to scale how safe a street/road is for bicyles.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/bike_safety
Note that I consider that in the same way that primary/secondary/tertiary
have a country dependant definition, I consider that the bike_safety tagging
scale (from 1 to 4) has to be adjusted to country dependant safety
conditions. The case of bike_safety within France is thus detailled in the
FR page:
 http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/FR:Bike_safety