[Tagging] sidewalks and tagging for the renderer

Martijn van Exel mvexel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 20:12:11 BST 2012

On 4/10/2012 12:42 PM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> Nobody said you have to draw sidewalks.

I'm going a little off-topic here, but I just wanted to throw in my
argument for mapping sidewalks separately, because I know there are a
lot of opponents to this practice. Consider this situation: a road on an
incline, the sidewalk follows the road but has steps in some places. You
would want to capture the steps for accessibility reasons, and you can't
by just adding a sidewalk tag to the main way feature.

--
Martijn van Exel