[Tagging] [OSM-talk] POI for Hotel

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 10:33:23 BST 2012

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 4:08 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's always useful, but it doesn't solve the issue of getting the
> data for a query like: give me all the hotels cheaper than 66 EUR for
> a double room with bathroom in this bounding box.

I'm not sure why you would attempt such a query with nothing but OSM
data. There are multiple websites that specialize in this type of
thing and are far better at it than OSM will ever be because they have
direct interaction with hotels to handle the volatility in prices,
room availability and other considerations that are entirely outside
of the scope of OSM.

hotels.com, orbitz.com, kayak.com, priceline.com, travelocity.com, etc, etc

There could certainly be interaction between these sites and OSM. But
OSM is not a travel site and I would never use it as such.

Toby