[Tagging] Gated communities - access=private or destination?

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Sun Apr 15 13:38:08 BST 2012

Btw. I think current Mapnik rendering renders addr:housenumber=* over barrier=gate .
Meaning: if u tag em both u won't see the gate icon at all but only the house number. .. Which imho is not ideal.

I'd love to see both rendered (when space allows) as both are of high importance.

This is based on my experience in Haiti where often the only instructions to a place is eg: "about 400m down, black gate on the left with #15 on it".

Has anyone bn thinking about this? (How) can I submit a ticket to suggest fixing this?
.. Nico, Sev, Brian: could this be taken in consideration in the possible Haiti custom rendering style?

Cheers,
-Jaakko