[Tagging] Gated communities - access=private or destination?

Mon Apr 16 03:39:07 BST 2012

At 2012-04-15 13:55, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
>On 4/15/2012 6:30 AM, Alan Mintz wrote:
>>At 2012-04-15 01:10, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
>>>How would you distinguish an entry for visitors from an entry for
>>>residents only?
>>
>>name= or ref= or whatever else Mapnik was designed to render on a gate.
>
>That's only a solution if the gates actually have names. I've never seen
>such a name.

You were asking how to mark a residents only entrance and I suggested one.
If you want to be a purist about it, find out what other tags Mapnik might
render on a gate and, if one of them is more suitable to put a description
in, use it. If not, suggest Mapnik render description=* and use it.