[Tagging] Weigh stations

Georg Feddern osm at bavarianmallet.de
Fri Apr 20 09:19:54 BST 2012

Am 20.04.2012 09:02, schrieb Nathan Edgars II:
> Is there a tag in use for weigh stations, places where trucks are
> weighed to ensure that they are not too heavy?

There is only a tag at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:enforcement
for such "enforcement" devices.

On the german page
http://http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Relation:enforcement
there is an example
Beispiel 6: Gewichtsmessung

Since I do not know of any of such a "flowing traffic enforcement
device" but only of stationary devices, this may be used.
But I would expect "normal" weigh devices at amenity= or man_made= or
such alike (*), because they are "normally" used to measure the load of
goods - the "maxweight" is just a side effect they are used for.

(*) Maybe even at highway= like crossing, signal a. o., if you consider
them as part of the automobile sector - but that is again a limitation
already.