[Tagging] Dispute prevention: meaning of lanes tag

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Thu Apr 26 11:43:37 BST 2012

Please could someone confirm what Spitsstrook is? It looks like use of the hard shoulder on managed sections of motorway, but I cannot read dutch.

We have these on the M6 and M42.

Thanks Phil

On 26/04/2012 10:30 Martin Vonwald wrote:

To give you an advance warning: the updated article is finished and
currently available here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Imagic/Werkstatt

If there are no major objections I will update the lanes article
tomorrow. Minor objections we can further discuss after the update -
otherwise it wouldn't be updated any time soon ;-) Although I hope,
that I was able to respect most issues. Thanks for all your input
during this discussion.

Please take a look at the section "Lanes reserved for specific
vehicles". While writing the update I became aware of a difference
regarding the lanes for various types of vehicles.

Also take a look at the section "Assumptions". I added there a row for
motorways/trunks. I'm not 100% sure if this is valid for all trunks.

As I'm not a native speaker any corrections are welcome.

Martin

Tagging at openstreetmap.org
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Imagic/Werkstatt