[Tagging] Dispute prevention: meaning of lanes tag

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Fri Apr 27 19:21:11 BST 2012

On Fri, 2012-04-27 at 10:01 +0000, Philip Barnes wrote:
> Through observations I can see that there is a minimum width for lane
> marking in the UK. I am not sure what the value is, but have seen
> sections of road where lines end where the road narrows.
>
> Will try to find an example.

Sorry its been too wet to go out and take photos.

An example where the road become too narrow for lane markings as it
crosses a bridge, the lines recommence on the other side when the road
becomes wide enough.

http://g.co/maps/7svgs

Again lines end where the road becomes too narrow, cars can pass but you
have to wait for anything much larger.

http://g.co/maps/3y7ja

Maybe this one is silly, http://g.co/maps/atszn
The road is a lot less than 3m wide, the lines indicate a warning for
the give way as it reaches the trunk road ahead. It is still a single
lane.

Phil