[Tagging] lanes=* on cycleways

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sat Apr 28 20:26:55 BST 2012

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 2:32 AM, Sander Deryckere <sanderd17 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you give a picture of multi-lane cycleways (or coordinates, so we can
> see it in aerial pics or via streetview)?

http://g.co/maps/eyfz7 (Westbound Hawthorne Bridge, the passing lane
for bikes is the left one; that lane ends at the top of the hill, then
once on the bridge proper, the left lane is the through lane and the
right lane is the passing lane, shared with pedestrians).

http://g.co/maps/v4u5v  Northbound 14th Avenue, bike lane on left ends
as lane on right begins.

Galloping Goose in Victoria is marked as multilane last time I rode on
it, though I can't find a clear aerial.

> The only multi-lane cycleways I know are two-direction cycleways, where the
> lines are only a suggestion. So it doesn't really matter whether it's a
> two-way cycleway with one or two lanes.

Unless your area violates the Vienna Convention, the lines aren't a
suggestion. ;o)