[Tagging] Shark tagging

Simone Saviolo simone.saviolo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 14:37:14 BST 2012

2012/8/2 Martin Vonwald <imagic.osm at gmail.com>

> 2012/8/2 Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com>:
> > I took this photo of a building across the street.
> >
> > How do you propose I tag it?
> >
> > http://www.emacsen.net/shark-bldg.jpg
>
> I would suggest  shark=great_white or simply shark=yes if you are not
> sure about the exact species. Please also add layer=1 (or higher) and
> preferable some indication about the height.

I fear this will lead to namespace pollution. What if everyone starts to
map various protunding elements with their names each? What if there was an
actual need to tag the fact that the building has a shark facility, for
example?

I suggest something along the lines of building:part:protunding=yes,
building:part:protunding:shape=shark. I agree with additional tags about
height.

It may also be useful to indicate whether the shark provides shade for the
pedestrians on the streets.

Regards,

Simone

> Martin