[Tagging] Advice & clarification of the railway tracks=* tag required.

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Wed Aug 8 00:41:31 BST 2012

On 08/08/2012 00:05, Richard Mann wrote:
> ...whether the lines have been individually mapped or not:

You're incorrect to think this. As I've said before it's used to clarify
how many tracks each way represents.

> http://www.itoworld.com/map/14#lat=51.78185298480979&lon=-0.5093040346167376&zoom=7

This is a useful tool as it shows us where the ways weren't tagged
correctly when created, using, I suspect, the (R)eplicate key. Thanks.

For example, South Wales:
http://www.itoworld.com/map/14#lat=51.577855613008666&lon=-2.8221462012831355&zoom=18

This indicates a minimum of 10 tracks, whereas in reality it only has 4:

Poltatch 2:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?lat=51.577856&lon=-2.822146&zoom=18

These inaccuracies will be added to my to do list.

Cheers
Dave F.