[Tagging] Advice & clarification of the railway tracks=* tag required.

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 16:41:37 BST 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com> wrote:
> Richard/Pieren
> I'm failing to see what tracks=4 needs to be kept, especially in a relation.
> I don't see the point of making a 'collection' of tracks.
> Especially in relations as they're not meant to be used for
> collections/categories.

The relation would say "these 4 tracks belong to the same railway".
I'm not talking about a tag "tracks=4" here which is not required any
more (counting the members with e.g. the role "track" would be
enough)..
Perhaps tag the relation with "type=railway" (or "railway=rail" ?) and
the ways with "railway=track" instead of "railway=rail" +
"tracks=1"... It's a very similar discussion about roads and lanes...

Pieren