[Tagging] R: Re: Everybody is hiding?

stefano.fraccaro at libero.it stefano.fraccaro at libero.it
Fri Aug 10 08:11:28 BST 2012

Hi all,
    as a programmer I think that variable elements could be an opportunity but
I think that they should be present in value string
* maxspeed=(22:00-06:00):100 is easy to understand for both humans and
computer
* normally software use keys to find values... too many *non fixed* keys could
be a problem
* I confirm that, in both cases, it's not difficult to parse
* existing tags could be improved: a mistake is not a good reason to persevere
in
* key is a context and the value string give some informations about this
context. Value should be variable, not keys.

I think that moving variables elements to value string could be decisive. OSM
need this kind of information. Why? For example in mountain if you change route
"too late", you can waste up to 1-2 hours.

Stefano Fraccaro