[Tagging] on the name of a tag for landcover

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Mon Aug 13 21:54:52 BST 2012

Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/8/13 Kytömaa Lauri <lauri.kytomaa at aalto.fi>:
> >>according to the wiki, for "smaller areas of mown and managed grass
> >>for example in the middle of a roundabout, verges beside a road or
> in
> >
> >>So this isn't actually a tag for every spot where you can find
> grass,
> >>but it is a tag for "auxiliary" areas dedicated to traffic.
> >
> > It reads "for example" above. My point in this message: Not all of
> them are auxiliary areas of highways.
> +1, but this doesn't change anything, you simply tag the landuse of
> other areas where grass grows according to what it is. Still "grass"
> doesn't become a landuse.
> cheers,
> Martin

The only situations, in my opinion, where the landuse=grass tag would be appropriate would be for a hay field and for a sod farm (where grass is being grown for future transplanting).  In both cases, grass is being grown as a crop.

John F. Eldredge --  john at jfeldredge.com
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all." -- Hypatia of Alexandria

More information about the Tagging mailing list