[Tagging] on the name of a tag for landcover

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 22:26:24 BST 2012

2012/8/13 John F. Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com>:
> Yes, if animals are intended to graze on the grass, if the grass will be harvested for use as fodder (what my earlier message termed a hay field), or if sod will subsequently be transplanted elsewhere (a sod farm), then the grass is being grown as a crop, and landuse=grass is appropriate.

I think that it is not a good idea to tag grass grown for agricultural
use as a crop the same as green areas besides or between streets.
Physically they might be the same, but there is a big difference.


More information about the Tagging mailing list