[Tagging] Carriageway divider

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sun Aug 19 14:26:11 BST 2012

On Sun, 2012-08-19 at 15:04 +0200, Tobias Knerr wrote:
> On 19.08.2012 14:09, Markus Lindholm wrote:
> > On 19 August 2012 11:44, Fabrizio Carrai <fabrizio.carrai at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Indeed a "Divider=solid_line" proposal [3] was already presented . I'm would
> >> revamp such proposal.
> >> What is your opinion ? Is there any router developer here ?
> >>
> > In my opinion it's best to treat legal separation (i.e. solid_line)
> > the same way as physical separation, i.e. create two separate
> > highways, one in each direction.
>
> This would make it impossible to treat solid lines and physical
> separation differently in rendering, so imo it is not an acceptable
> solution.

+1

It would also not allow for conditions where the solid line only affects
traffic in one direction.

Also would imply a dual carriageway and therefore imply a higher speed
limit where the National Speed Limit tag has been used.

Routers would still have the ascendancy to route U-turns around the end
of the division.

Really not a solution, the only solution is to add the necessary turn
restrictions.

Phil