[Tagging] Carriageway divider

Elena ``of Valhalla'' elena.valhalla at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 12:38:28 BST 2012

On 2012-08-20 at 12:57:42 +0200, Markus Lindholm wrote:
> I consider legal restrictions to be part of reality. Also consider
> that a physical separation might be nothing more than a 20cm high curb
> that could be as easy to cross for an emergency vehicle as a painted
> line.

you can't pass a 20cm high curb with sides at a right angle
at high speed just like you would pass a painted line;
*if* you are able to do it [1]_ you have to slow down and approach
it with care.

Of course if your roads are separated by a 20 cm high bump with
a rounded profile, just like a slighty nasty speed bump,
it is a different matter, but that's definitely not the usual
road separation around here.

.. [1] my car isn't, and most of the "auto mediche" (a regular
       car with EMTs on board, which follows the same roules for
       e.g. ambulances) I've seen aren't.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''