[Tagging] Proposal for a study about tagging "suitability"

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Wed Aug 22 14:29:42 BST 2012

Pieren wrote:
> When it is exceeding a ratio 'x', it is indicating that the tag
> failed on its job either because one of the OSM editor is
> using it incorrectly (P2 presets for "designation") or
> simply because it is not enough self-explanatory ("location").
> Any thought, comments ?

Yeah, my thought is that if you had actually sent a patch for the P2 presets
rather than just complaining about it, then maybe the designation issue
would actually have been solved more quickly.

After all, editing one XML config file and sending a pull request shouldn't
be too hard for someone who "developed the Josm plugin cadastre-fr for the
French cadastre WMS, implemented the Lambert Zone projections and various
DOM-TOM projections and fixed related issues in JOSM core". :)

Still, given that I've been waiting since 2008 for you to just forward some
details about the French cadastre so I can include support in P2, I guess
that ain't going to happen. So:

https://github.com/systemed/potlatch2/commit/968947cd77747b7444e6e41856ccf8e38f7a68aa

and for bonus points:

https://github.com/systemed/potlatch2/commit/71ade0058ae0685c5844fcf63b3f269c8d466607