[Tagging] How to solve the problem with relation overload?

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 09:53:55 GMT 2012

2012/12/4 Erik Johansson <erjohan at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Martin Vonwald <imagic.osm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> After reading all the responses I have to conclude that we don't
>> really have a perfect solution right now. I guess the best would be a
>> "cleanup" of the relations: on ways where more than one (or two)
>

> Or remove all routes from the main database, it might even be easier
> to edit bus routes if you try not to use OSM relations for those
> things.

If you are brave enough to do that: go ahead. ;-)

> But then maybe the "no-right-turn" relation is too complicated as well.

The problem is not really the complexity of those relations, but the
fact that they create some kind of extreme long "relation-way". The
probability of two (or more) people working at the same time on a
200km "relation-way" is much higher than on a 200m ordinary way and
therefore the conflict probability is much higher with those
"relation-ways".