[Tagging] Fwd: Door to door routing to buildings with multiple occupants

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 11:22:32 GMT 2012

Am 04/dic/2012 um 11:16 schrieb Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 5:49 AM, Friedrich Volkmann <bsd at volki.at> wrote:
>
>> The only use of separate address nodes by now is that they make Mapnik
>> display a house number. But speaking of Mapnik... if there are 5 POIs in a
>> house, and Mapnik has no signature for those POIs, it displays the house
>> number for each POI instead, resulting in 5x the same number. That makes
>> addresses on nodes problematic for Mapnik too.
>
> One principle I like in OSM is "one feature, one OSM element":
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/One_feature,_one_OSM_element
>
> A single address should be tagged only once.
> If you have several POI's
> with the same address, tag the address on its own node.

if you see the address as "feature" it should be an area and not a
node, but if you add it to a POI I'd see it as an attribute and there
is no problem in adding it multiple times. Putting an address-node on
a building-outline to mark an entrance seems odd, why not tag the
entrance with "entrance" and put the address on the whole building
outline (or even on the whole site it applies to if you have this
information)?

If there are multiple addresses for the same area one can simply
create multiple address-objects.

cheers,
Martin