[Tagging] Fwd: Door to door routing to buildings with multiple occupants

Dave Sutter sutter at intransix.com
Wed Dec 5 00:05:38 GMT 2012

Keep in mind the case of multistory buildings. In this case, the
polygons on the different levels are overlapping. The indoor mapping
proposals have a level relation in which to hold the polygons for the
different levels.

In an indoor formalism I would label the unit polygon with the unit
portion of the address and the building with the street address if
that is how the street numbers are broken down. (On the other hand
sometimes different units can have different street numbers within a
single structure.)

Without using an indoor formalism I think drawing the unit polygons
inside the building is the way to go. And, the poor man's version of a
polygon is always a point, so that is also an option too.

Dave