[Tagging] New relation type=provides_feature

Markus Lindholm markus.lindholm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 10:11:35 GMT 2012

On 7 December 2012 10:27, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 8:33 AM, Markus Lindholm
> <markus.lindholm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Created first example of provides_feature
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/2623059
>
> Your relation type name "provides_feature" is too vague and could be
> used for all relations...

Do you have a alternative suggestion? It's on purpose that I left the
name of the relation a bit vague, so that one could expand it later
with other roles besides the two (address and entrance) that I came
now up with.

> Anyway, most of the mappers will prefer to create 1 node with
> duplicated address instead of creating 3 nodes and your relation.
> Please, think about contributors first. All ideas making data
> consumers life easier but mappers life much more complicated are
> failing.

Sure, this is not basic level mapping but it builds on existing
objects. And as people do more and more micro-mapping this would be a
suggestion for how to do it.

/Markus