[Tagging] château

A.Pirard.Papou A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 14:53:44 GMT 2012

On 2012-12-11 11:19, Pieren wrote :
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 2:38 AM, A.Pirard.Papou
> <A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com <mailto:A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     historic:castle  castle_type=château:  would have been nice if
>     something else that "historic" had been chosen, because those
>     châteaux' history is very very short.
>
>     Your opinion...
>

> "very short" is always relative. In US, everything older than 50..75
> years is "historic" ;)
OK. And  historic=castle castle_type=château presents the option
alongside the other ones vs standalone.
I may propose that after all.
> I second others answers : "historic=manor" or "mansion" would be good
> enough. If you don't like "historic" then use "building" if you like
> but avoid localized tags if the english equivalent exists.
  I think that we should use en:château if it exists in the English
dictionaries for exactly what we are about.
Go to a wine shop and ask for a Mansion Lafitte ;-)

*Before my proposition, please +1/-1 your opinion by updating this : *
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/building:château
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/building:ch%C3%A2teau>

BTW, can several type tags like this one and   tourism=hotel coexist?
Or will the renderer loop?  (OK, we don't tag for the renderer ;-))

Thank you.