[Tagging] New relation type=provides_feature

Markus Lindholm markus.lindholm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 09:48:01 GMT 2012

On 14 December 2012 18:41, Erik Johansson <erjohan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Markus Lindholm
> <markus.lindholm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Created a page on the wiki for this proposal
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Provides_feature
>
> What purpose does the role=entrance have when the node/way is going to
> be tagged building=entrance or entrance=main anyways?

You mean that the role description could be left empty because it
could always be deduced from tags on the member? I guess it could be
possible, but I think it is much much better to have an explicit role
descriptions, foremost for the benefit of the next mapper who comes
along and wants to improve and edit the relation. So that he can
clearly see what the intention is with the different members.

/Markus