[Tagging] non-trivial color schemes

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Tue Dec 18 18:28:29 GMT 2012

On 12/18/12 1:24 PM, John F. Eldredge wrote:
> Is there any sort of large-scale standard as to what the color codes
> mean, or is it strictly a local scheme? I have never noticed
> color-coding where I live, in Nashville, TN, USA.
i'm not aware of any standard, it appears arbitrary to me. i've sent a
couple of questions
about it to one of the local VFD chiefs, he hasn't gotten back to me yet.
in any event, the use case is to help firemen find hydrants when they don't
know the area, so it's purely about appearance for my application.

if i do learn of a standard scheme, i'll write about it to the list. but
from
what i'm seeing now that i'm actually paying attention to it, i don't think
there is one.

richard