[Tagging] How to map an artificial ground wall?

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 11:54:48 GMT 2012

IMHO you should add a new way that only has those tags. You can share the
nodes with the barrier=embankment if you think the top of the wall is the
border between the aeroway and the outside. If the bottom of the wall is
the border, make the aeroway a little wider.

By the way, mapnik renders man_made=embankment, so I use that. I put two
parallel ways, each in a different direction, to map the two slopes [1]. I
don't know if mapnik renders barrier=embankment. Are they the same thing?

[1] http://osm.org/go/0IsjeJtGC-- <http://osm.org/go/0IsjeJtGC-->

Janko Mihelić