[Tagging] Multi-value tagging and Lane Groups

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 8 21:18:28 GMT 2012

On 08/02/2012 22:00, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> On 2/8/2012 3:47 PM, Colin Smale wrote:
>> For building floors, are there any cultures which number their floors
>> downwards?
>
> The Troglodytes.
:-D

> There is of course the common leaving off of the 13th floor.
Mentioned that a couple of posts ago:

Floor "numbers" for human consumption in buildings are really only
labels (not always numeric), and conventions vary. The first floor in
the US is what we the ground floor, so their second floor is our first.
Think of the buttons in a lift. It's common to skip the 13th floor in
the US as well. So a building has physical floors, which have logical
labels, and align with the terrain in a certain way,

Colin