[Tagging] Converting relation type "relatedStreet" to "assiciatedStreet"

David Paleino dapal at debian.org
Sun Feb 19 10:07:12 GMT 2012

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 10:56:19 +0100, Werner Hoch wrote:

> Hi there,

Hello,

> the relation type page:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Types_of_relation
>
> lists the relatedStreet relation as an similar type of associatedStreet.
>
> Are there any objection to convert and cleanup the relatedStreets into
> associatedStreet relations?
>
> Often there could be merge several relatedStreet relations together to
> one associatedStreet relations, as relatedStreets sometime only
> connected single houses to a street.

I'm one of those pushing for type=street, and I'd be glad if we could merge all
somethingStreet to it :) (which is less error-prone, less chars to type, easier
to remember)

(we should also include type=collection + collection=street and type=route +
route=street -- rationale for the latter is that named routes should be
route=road)

> Here is my current statistic of street-like relations:
> http://www.h-renrew.de/h/osm/osmchecks/02_Relationstypen/planet_street.html

Oh, nice.

There you can already see that "street" is already at second place just behind
associatedStreet.

In Italy it's already superior to it :) (1010 vs. 625 [0])

[0]: http://taginfo.hanskalabs.net/keys/type#values

Kindly,
David

--