[Tagging] Wikifiddling, surface=cobblestone vs. sett & paving_stones

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 19:37:19 GMT 2012

Am 20. Februar 2012 15:11 schrieb Richard Mann
<richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com>:
> Probably better to introduce a new value to mean
> yes-they-really-are-cobbles. Perhaps "cobbles" (as opposed to cobblestone)

+1, I also believe that we are lacking some additional tags for some
kinds of stone pavings. "cobbles" seems fine to me.

1. Sometimes I would have needed a "roman_paving" for very old and
uneven paving of huge blocks (historic roman roads). Is there
something already in use? These can not be driven on by bike, and only
at pedestrian speed by cars (dependent on the condition).

2. Very even paving made of marble, granite or similar (usually
polished, almost no joints)

cheers,
Martin