[Tagging] access=no (was Amenity swimming_pool (was Amenity parking))

Wed Feb 22 10:49:52 GMT 2012

At 2012-01-16 06:30, John Sturdy wrote:
>I understand "access=no" as meaning no *public* access, but perhaps
>that is better covered by "access=private".

I use access=private to mean there is no legal access by the public (i.e.
posted private property).

I use access=no on a road that has semi-permanent barriers to vehicles and
humans at both ends (perhaps because it's washed out or otherwise unsafe).
If those barriers are to vehicles only, I would add foot=yes. I think/hope
this is what the access page on the wiki attempts to describe.