[Tagging] unfinished railway of historic importance

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Feb 25 15:42:45 GMT 2012

On 2/25/2012 09:15:48 NE2 wrote:
 > Russ (and I) simply use railway=abandoned for this, with a note
 > explaining the details. For example:
 > http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/2021550 (needs a bit
 > of work).

I do?? Last I knew, I tagged them railway=unfinished, and you
unilaterally changed all of them without consulting me to
railway=abandoned and added your own
note. E.g. http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/48433653/history

Please don't mistake my acquiescence to your edits as anything more
than tolerance. You have a reputation for having strong opinions about
edits and the willingness to engage in an edit war. Now, since
railway=abandoned with a note that it was never finished is not
out-and-out WRONG, I didn't change it back. However, I do believe that
railway=unfinshed is the correct tag. I'm not a big fan of mapping for
the renderer.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog