[Tagging] How to tag the width of a gate

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 11:26:05 GMT 2012

Am 26. Februar 2012 09:45 schrieb Mike Valiant <mike_valiant at hotmail.com>:
> If the gate is a node on a way that passes through the gate then I would
> have thought    barrier=gate and maxwidth=xxx    on the node that is the
> gate would be more appropriate. It defines the maximum size of vehicle
> (person?) that could pass through the aperture.

-1, maxwidth is part of the restrictions. Those are generally legal
restrictions, so they do not express who can actually pass through,
but who is still allowed to pass through. To tag the width of an
object use "width".

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:maxwidth
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:width

cheers,