[Tagging] What is this path surface called?

Masi Master masi-master at gmx.de
Mon Feb 27 23:53:27 GMT 2012

I would prefer surface=dirt, too. Maybe with smoothness=intermediate (or  
"bad", if there are more/bigger treeroots).

Am 26.02.2012, 19:28 Uhr, schrieb Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com>:
> On 2/26/2012 12:59 PM, Mike Valiant wrote:
>> I think the "tarp" is a horticultural membrane designed to stop weeds
>> growing up through the path. The "mulch" looks like debris that has
>> fallen from the trees rather than anything applied deliberately.
>> It's difficult to see from the photo, but it looks like the original
>> path surface material was crushed stone. If true, surface=crushed_stone
>> might be appropriate, though not widely used (4 instances).
>> There are 33 instances of surface=unpaved:crushed_limestone in the
>> database which is a pretty common surface on paths around where I live.
>> Depends how specific you want to be?
> Those light spots are leaves, not crushed stone. It's all dirt and other  
> natural materials. I could use surface=dirt, but the membrane presumably  
> means that it won't turn muddy like a typical dirt path.
> If it helps at all, this is a swampy area (hence the boardwalk in the  
> background).

More information about the Tagging mailing list