[Tagging] How to tag a dovecot?

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 15:50:32 GMT 2012

Hmmm.

man_made=dovecote
historic=yes

This combination would indicate that the building *was* a dovecote at some
point, but is no longer in use, wouldn't it?

Without "historic" it would still be in use, I suppose.

I am surprised that this is such a rare tag - there must be many of these
very characteristic buildings around in the world. Here in Italy at first
glance they look like fortification towers.

Volker

On 9 January 2012 15:38, Vincent Pottier <vpottier at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 09/01/2012 11:31, Volker Schmidt a écrit :
>
>  I would like to tag a historic dovecot (colombara or torre colombaia in
>> Italian).
>> I  cannot find an appropriate existing tag.
>>
>> Volker
>>
>> Padova, Italy
>>
> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.**org/tags/man_made=dovecote<http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/man_made=dovecote>
> --