[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Turn Lanes

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Tue Jan 10 06:43:58 GMT 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Ilya Zverev <zverik at textual.ru> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Three months ago I've prepared a proposal for turning lanes, and now,
> having mapped some of those lanes, I consider it appropriate: simple, but
> powerful enough. So, after a slight polishing, the voting on it is opened
> -- and will continue till the end of the month. I'd be glad to answer your
> questions if you still have any, and to have your votes :)
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/**wiki/Proposed_features/Turn_**Lanes<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Turn_Lanes>

Hi,

While it looks well thought out in general, I am missing the case of the US
style center turn lane, which is a continuous center lane marked by a
yellow line that is designated for vehicles turning off of OR onto the main
road.

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/publications/research/safety/pedbike/05085/images/les7fig5.jpgfor
a good example.

I am inclined to tag this as centerlane=yes - or is there an established
standard - or is it included in your proposal and did I manage to overlook
it?
--
martijn van exel
geospatial omnivore