[Tagging] Amenity parking

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jan 12 12:35:44 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 01/12/12 13:26, Pieren wrote:
> Sure. But I fear about this trend asking more and more attributes in
> editors like P2 and JOSM. You and me know that all is optionnal but in
> the other way, editors are suggesting the opposite. And more you ask
> to newcomers and less your newcomers will contribute.

+1 - it takes a certain amount of audacity to leave all those beckoning
input fields blank. "No, sorry, I *only* want to map the fact that
there's a tram line, I don't know operator, voltage, lines, operating
rules, or gauge..."

But that could be solved on the user interface side by splitting tags in
"this tag is really important for this kind of feature" (like "name" for
a street), and "these tags are optional".

Bye
Frederik