[Tagging] Amenity swimming_pool (was Amenity parking)

Michael Krämer ohrosm at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 13 12:05:03 GMT 2012

> Permissive means that you have permission by default. Is 'permit'
> better-known by non-English speakers than 'permission'?

To me this would be something different: I would assume that a permit
is some document expressing permission. For something tagged with
access=permit I would assume you need an permit to access - this would
be more like access=private. So something like "tolerated" would also
be more intutive for me.

By the way for "permissive" even a pretty decent dictionary doesn't
provide any reasonable translation in this context.

In writing this reply I thought about examples for permissive here in
Germany. Thinking about that I guess it's kind of the default here so
we hardly differentiate from "access=yes". Basically it would be any
private way or road where access is not explicitly restricted (e.g. by
a sign "private - do not enter").

Michael