[Tagging] Amenity swimming_pool (was Amenity parking)

Ben Johnson tangararama at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 18:50:26 GMT 2012

On 16/01/2012, at 6:45, LM_1 <flukas.robot+osm at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Given that absolutely everything on the planet is accessible by at least someone with the right authority, permission, ownership, special equipment, etc. is there ever a need for access=no ?
>
> As a default in combination with eg. access=no, foot=yes meaning
> nothing except foot - it is easier than excluding each use
> individually.
> access=no alone is really not usable. Maybe for paths in places of
> nuclear explosions.
> LM_1

But is (access=no and foot=yes) the same as just foot=yes?

My thinking is they are different. foot=yes in isolation leaves open the possibility of other access methods open, whereas if used in conjunction with access=no, it is confirmed as strictly foot only.

As for nuclear explosions... it's dangerous, but you still can go there. You'd be highly advised to take special equipment!

access=no alone would be useful for a wildlife reserve where absolutely no humans are ever allowed under any circumstances, but I know of no such place!

BJ