[Tagging] psv (was Re: access=no (was Amenity swimming_pool (was Amenity parking)))

Nathan Edgars II neroute2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 14:51:31 GMT 2012

On 1/17/2012 9:10 AM, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 08:34:48AM -0500, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
>> On 1/17/2012 8:32 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>>> psv=yes (or bus=yes)
>>
>> This has been bugging me for a while - why do we group buses and
>> taxis? Is this a common grouping in the UK?
>
> Are there examples of places where taxis can't use a bus lane?

Yes...

Not a lane so much as a separate roadway, but downtown Orlando has a
circulator bus with its own roadways.

There's also the case of a HOV lane. In Virginia, at least:
http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/hov-rulesfaq.asp
buses are allowed even if there's only a driver, but taxis must have at
least one passenger.

And the Seattle Bus Tunnel most certainly does not allow taxis.

I don't think I've ever personally come across a lane or roadway that's
reserved for buses and taxis. Generally taxis have their own queueing area.

Even the example sign given in this thread has separate bus and taxi
signs (if they were always grouped, they'd probably design a single
plate with both).