[Tagging] Chaos and uncertainty in "bridge"

sylvain letuffe liste at letuffe.org
Tue Jan 17 16:29:57 GMT 2012

Martin Koppenhoefer wrote

> Last but not least I'd like to ask you for comments on 3 new values:
> N1. a bridge made of few ropes where you walk on a rope:
> http://bauwiki.tugraz.at/pub/Baulexikon/HaengeSeilBrueckeB/Kaiserschild_1.jpg
> http://www.gruppenstunden-freizeit-programme.de/ferienlager-freizeiten-erlebnisse/freizeit-bilder/seilbruecke/Piratenlager-05-262.JPG
> http://www.bergsteigen.at/pic/d6025434-21f9-4d93-9ce9-42aba5cf00db.jpg
>
> additionally we could tag the amount of ropes (or even more precisely
> the amount of "upper" and "lower" ropes)
>
> are these described in English with the term "zip-line"?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zip-line

Juste an comment to let you know that your "border line ;-)" bridges are
somehow described in this proposal :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/via_ferrata

Feel free to come and help discuss how we could tag the upper and lower
(iron) ropes and extend it to cover other types of "extrem" bridges like
this one here :

> http://bauwiki.tugraz.at/pub/Baulexikon/HaengeSeilBrueckeB/Trift_Bruecke_1.jpg

Also, as I understand it, a "zip-line", although beeing a bridge, has the
particularity of beeing only usabe with a special sliding device that you
need to hook at the upper cable.

Here is a draft proposal :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_feature/aerialway%3Dzip_line