[Tagging] Mapping guidelines

Simone Saviolo simone.saviolo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 09:09:31 GMT 2012

Allow me to remind another advantage of a detailed landuse mapping.
I've mapped cultivated land lot by lot around Vercelli. Not only this
allows to detail the crop types (rather than saying that between
Chivasso and Pavia it's "mostly" rice), but it also makes it possible
to make precise and punctual updates. Suppose that a farmer sells his
lots to an entrepreneur who turns the area into a factory: you'd take
those lots and only those and change their landuse. It's a) easy b)
precise c) detailed. If it's information overload for you, remove
information before using it, don't delete it! (This is such an obvious
point that I'm surprised I actually have to spell it out).

Regards,

Simone