[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - building_passage

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 17:18:53 GMT 2012

2012/1/19 Flaimo <flaimo at gmail.com>:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/building_passage
>
> any comments or suggestion can be added to the talk page of the proposal

Done. There is indeed space for more specifications on those features.
In the current proposal I suggest to change "tunnel" to "covered" and
make distinctions between an arcade and a colonnade.

Also this sentence "A variant of 'building_arcade' is tunnel=gallery
and should be used is in case of tunnels alongside mountains." doesn't
make much sense to me, as a road gallery has only functionally
(protection) some weak connection to a building arcade, but is for
most aspects quite different. This is also reflected in the tagging
you propose, which is completely different and which I support, so I
wouldn't keep this irritating sentence in the proposal text.

cheers,
Martin