[Tagging] Tagging Blue flags (Foundation for Environmental Education's Blue flag criteria for beaches and marinas)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 22:15:38 BST 2012

2012/7/2 Johan Jönsson <johan.j at goteborg.cc>:
> I would like to see something more general like award=blue_flag  or
> award=fee_blue_flag
>
> where the award-key could be used for all kind of awarded ratings, hotel-
> stars, michelin-stars, camping-stars, barcelona-restaurant-forks and so forth

-1
I don't see any benefit from a more generic awards or rating key for
specific ratings or awards. This will only cause conflicts, lead to
multiple values and ambiguity.

Btw.: hotel-stars are already covered by "stars" (also too generic
IMHO, there is IIRC different hotel rating systems which are not
compatible):
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/stars

cheers,
Martin