[Tagging] Tagging u-turn restriction with continuous painted line

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 3 12:47:01 BST 2012

On 03/07/2012 13:29, Janko Mihelić wrote:
> I think "no_left_turn" is the best solution. The line on the middle of
> the street is not a u-turn indicator, it is an overtake indicator
> which can be tagged with overtaking=no and overtaking=both.
>
> Are you sure that the dotted overtake line allows you to make a u-turn?
Not sure about other countries, but in UK and NL a solid line means
(formally) "no crossing" and not "no overtaking". For larger vehicles it
might be effectively the same thing, but for motorcycles (for example)
it's not as they can overtake another motorcycle without crossing the line.

So if it's a solid line, that also means "no U-turns", and also "no left
turn" (driving on right).

Colin