[Tagging] Tagging u-turn restriction with continuous painted line

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 13:14:55 BST 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, the router could take the overtake tag into consideration, and make
> you turn around there. They don't do this yet, but probably will.

I discover the overtake tag:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:overtaking

but the wiki doesn't say explicitely that "overtaking=no" means "no
u-turn" as well. Could we write this assertion ?

> You still have to put a restriction relation on the node where the roads
> meet.

Hmmm. You mean that all divider island needs a no-u-turn restriction
relation ? That will be a huge amount of new relations to create ...

Pieren