[Tagging] Tagging u-turn restriction with continuous painted line

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 13:21:18 BST 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, if you don't put a "no_u_turn" restriction in this case, routers are
> rarely going to route through that, so I think we are safe either way :)

I think the case can appear very often. Imagine a router based on OSM
data and you take the wrong roundabout exit. The router will re-route
you and most probably with a u-turn, back to the roundabout (but you
are right, because of the delays and distance, most probably after the
divider intersection node). But anyway, representing the "no-crossing"
is important for routing and we should consolidate the wiki between
the "overtaking" and "divider" tags.
Could we consider that "overtaking=no" applies to the end nodes as
well, like we do for the oneway restriction ?

Pieren

Pieren