[Tagging] Tagging Blue flags (Foundation for Environmental Education's Blue flag criteria for beaches and marinas)

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 12:20:18 BST 2012

2012/7/6 Glom <johan.j at goteborg.cc>

> As further information there is a bathing water directive in the European
> Union that states that all bathing waters should be mapped. There does not
> seem to be a id-number. Each bathing water is given a rating
> (Poor/Good/Excellent).
> (At least in Sweden, the waters have to be rated as Excellent to qualify
> for
> the Blue Flag)
>
> This page is a good start to find out more on EU bathing waters.
> http://ec.europa.eu/environment/water/water-bathing/report_2012.html

I found an unique id for every bathing water, in an excel file here:

http://ec.europa.eu/environment/water/water-bathing/report2011/stations.zip

Go to second sheet, and under BWID there it is. First country code, and
then id. There is even latitude and longitude. This would be a great
resource, if we can copy from it.

There is a copyright document about this data, could someone tell if we can
copy the data?

http://ec.europa.eu/geninfo/legal_notices_en.htm#copyright

2012/7/6 Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net>

Tagging should be mapper-friendly. You can't expect people to remember what
> the (obscure) organisation is that runs the (well-known) blue flag scheme.
> blue_flag=yes is much simpler and better.

After some time, I came to the same conclusion. Can we change the wiki
page, or do we have to make a new page?

Janko